Arsenal Colorado Joins WCDA
Arsenal Colorado is excited to announce that we have joined the Western College Development Association (WCDA). We were invited by the WCDA to join this year and will be taking the field to compete for the 2011/12 season with our U13 through U18 Boys Gold Teams. Arsenal Colorado is one of only four clubs in Colorado to be affiliated with the WCDA. The other clubs include Real Colorado and Colorado Storm South in metro Denver and Pride Colorado in southern Colorado. The WCDA is a new premier youth soccer program focused on established, elite clubs delivering consistent, high-quality competition and college readiness services for its members. Youth soccer clubs across the western United States have formed the Western College Development Association, which debuts this summer with teams representing clubs in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada and Colorado. We are very excited to provide this opportunity to our membership. We are committed to providing the highest level of competition to our players and providing them with the support necessary to help them reach their goals of playing collegiate soccer. The WCDA not only provides our players the opportunity to compete against the best regional competition, they also provide collegiate recruiting support and national ID training opportunities. The following details some of what the WCDA provides in terms of support for the teams and the tournament events that the teams will take part in.
1. An email to every men's college soccer coach in the country prior to each of our WCDA Showcase events.
2. A quarterly email newsletter to college coaches in the western U.S. to keep them updated on news about WCDA teams and players.
3. A quarterly online webcast for WCDA families that features information and college readiness tips from college coaches.
4. Each U16-U18 player will receive a College Planning Workbook from the Sports Source.
5. A WCDA financial aid program for clubs and players.
6. An identification program for U13-U14 players conducted in connection with US Club's id2 program. Basically, the top 64 U13 and top 64 U14 players will gather at the Thanksgiving event and be trained by a member of the US Men's National Team Staff and college coaches.
7. A college identification program for U16 and U17 players, culminating in the top 30 U16 and U17 players from WCDA clubs who are not participating in the WCDA finals being invited to attend the WCDA College Identification Camp in Redmond, Washington during the first weekend of June, 2012.
You can also find other information about the WCDA at www.westerncda.com. Again, we are very excited about this opportunity for our club and are looking forward to sharing this information with our membership If you have any questions at all, please contact Dave Shaffer at Shaffer@soccerfortcollins.org or Tony Minatta at email@example.com